Friday, May 29, 2009

Summer is here!

So we just got back from Branson.....my FAVORITE vacation spot! I know....not exactly New York City, but we can actually afford to go and have a good time! We went with a family that is just full of our good friends! They live down the street from us, but sharing a 2 bedroom condo for 4 days is a whole new level of friendship. I considered the trip a huge success (hope they did too!).
Griffin came in last night when I was putting away some clothes and he said, "Guess what mom?"
Of course, I said, "What's up buddy?"
"Jesus is in my heart."
"Really? How did he get there?"
"He sneaked in."
"Grif, Jesus doesn't sneak in your heart. You ask him to come and live in you and share your life."
"Nuh-uh mom. I looked the other way and He just sneaked in there."
I couldn't argue.

Graham is just full of spunk and energy! He scares all the other kids his age and beyond. I hesitate to say that he's MEAN, but ornery is definitely an understatement. He is fearless in water, which scares me to death. Makes me sad for him too because he has to wear earplugs since his tube surgery which makes things not as fun! It seems like he is starting to get used to that though so I think maybe it won't be as hard at the lake this summer.

Joye has a loose tooth! She had to have her two bottom teeth pulled by the dentist ($250) because her permanent teeth were coming in behind them, so this is refreshing! She is scared to death to pull it though, and I can't figure out how to get a good hold of it when she isn't looking!
She is SO excited for summer! I can remember being about her age and just the excitement of school being out, sleeping in, later bedtimes, sleepovers on weeknights, and vacations. I love living it again through her! I have mostly given up on buying her clothes when she isn't with me, so we had some girl time in Branson and went to the Children's place---invested in some clothes that she loves and I have to admit, I can't argue with her taste. I really think she will do something with fashion when she's older. Maybe dress her mom!

We are so blessed. I just think about it all the time. What a cool world God gave us to enjoy. Coach and I are trying to do this business thing right now and I get so easily frustrated and confused with all of these terms and experiences I don't understand. I remember through it all though that God is still there and as long as we seek and do His will, we will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment